1. AI as a Service
Dr. Muddesar Iqbal
Artificial Intelligence is rising and impacting the way you do business. Chatbots are one of the application areas where artificial intelligence is changing every business and taking customer service to the next level. In this tutorial, we plan to provide you practical exposure to the AI algorithms and technologies that are used to build chatbots in order to provide AI as a Service. We plan to cover the following areas.
- Supervised Machine Learning Algorithms: This involves creating a dataset and provides it as input to the machines, which uses a predictive function to train the data in order to provide the required output.
- Unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithms: This also uses the dataset in raw format, without any labels or classifications. The purpose of these algorithms is to develop structure using this unlabelled data.
- Reinforcement Machine Learning Algorithms: These algorithms are based on the behaviour and reward learning method. The purpose of these algorithms enables the machine to define the best behaviour in a given context to use.
We will focus on the technologies that are used to develop chatbots that can provide AI as a Services, including the cloud and microservices technologies, virtualization and containerization technologies, dataset generations using different tools and technologies, chatbot core technologies and natural-language units.
2. IoT Forensics: Potential Evidences in the Connected Life
Dr. Shancang Li
Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a network of connected smart devices, mobile phones, smart home appliances, wearable electronic devices, and intelligent sensors, which has increasingly become popular and transformed various facets of our life. In this tutorial, we will introduce advances in digital forensic techniques over the Internet of Things and a detailed examination will be conducted over the most popular smart hub platform – Amazon Echo. Following key techniques will be introduced:
- IoT Device security analysis – We will introduce device-level security analysis methodologies.
- IoT forensics – The discipline of IoT forensics deals with the identification, collection,
analysis, and presentation of digital evidence from IoT devices
- Examination of IoT devices – Detailed methods for examining an IoT devices will be
presented, including hardware analysis, raw data extraction, firmware data extraction, etc.
- Use case using Amazon Echo will presented
This tutorial will provide methodology for profiling IoT devices and information security analysis from a digital forensic viewpoint, including procedures, techniques, examination methods, and analysis for key information.
3. Protection of Critical National Infrastructures
Dr. Leandros Maglaras
A major target of cyber-attacks is a country’s Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) such as ports, hospitals, water, gas and electricity producers. The protection of CNIs has become an essential concern for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) operators, even more so as a result of a series of recent successful cyber-attacks against several targets, such as electric power substations and distribution grids, sewage processing units or even nuclear power plants. These attacks affect a substantial number of persons, potentially causing significant damage and ultimately threatening human lives. In this talk, we will discuss about regulations, directives (such as the NIS directive) and policies that may be used to tackle cyber-attacks to CNIs along with practical measures that need to be taken in order for these regulations to be effective.